thanetwriters.com is designed to be a welcoming and supportive community hub where writers can share thoughts, opinions, stories, poetry, and put across viewpoints. As such, all comments across the site are expected to abide by the following standards:
- Opposing views and critique of writing can lead to healthy discussion and is encouraged within the comments section. However, there is a difference between constructive criticism and outright attack. Misrepresentation of Thanet Writers CIC, the Directors or Staff of Thanet Writers CIC, individuals or groups associated with Thanet Writers, or the writers published on thanetwriters.com or by Thanet Writers will result in comments being edited or removed.
- Whilst discussion and debate is welcomed, personal attacks against writers or other members is not appropriate. Persistent trolling and mindless abuse will not be tolerated and such comments will by edited or removed.
- Disagreeing with a point of discussion and raising an alternative view is a large part of the reason comments on thanetwriters.com are open. Direct threats or comments that are designed to offend rather than debate will be reviewed and may be edited or removed. Please respect the beliefs and opinions of others when commenting.
- Whilst discussion is encouraged, Thanet Writers CIC ask that comments are phrased so as to not come across as divisive or toxic to others. The moderators of thanetwriters.com reserve the right to redirect or curtail discussions which have become arguments based on ingrained partisanship or generalisations.
- Racism, sexism, homophobia or any other form of hate-speech is strictly prohibited. Comments containing any such content will be edited or removed.
- Whilst wide-ranging discussion and debate is acceptable, comments which are drastically off-topic may be removed in order to keep the discussion focused on the content it is attached to. This also applies to comments about moderation, which should not be posted as comments.
- Any potentially libellous or defamatory postings, or material which may be in potential breach of copyright, will be removed. Thanet Writers CIC holds no liability for content that has been plagiarised or copied and responsibility for the reproduction of said content is entirely with the author.
- Commercial postings or any comments that appear to be spam will be removed. The purpose of thanetwriters.com is to allow writers to publish their work and engage with an online community in discussion. It is not a place for marketing the sale of goods or services and Thanet Writers CIC actively discourages commercial entities disguising themselves as individuals to post advertising material and links.
Persistent disregarding of these standards may result in accounts being terminated and visitors being blocked. Please think of others when commenting and maintain a level of respect and decorum.
Thanet Writers CIC holds no liability for comments and responsibility for said comments is entirely with their author.