Thanet Writers (CIC Number: 10690420) is dedicated to supporting writers in and with a connection to Thanet, as well as the community of Thanet as a whole. Thanet Writers CIC creates paid opportunities for writers and individuals linked to Thanet, both through the purchasing of print rights of accepted submissions, and also by paying staff on a self-employed contractual basis. The current staff of Thanet Writers CIC are listed on the Masthead.
From time to time paid opportunities will be available within Thanet Writers CIC, from either new roles or vacancies within existing positions, and these will be advertised here. Thanet Writers CIC is committed to Equality and offers pay based solely on the allocated role and time commitment, with no difference based upon gender, age, disability, race, or any other discriminating factor.
Voluntary roles may also be advertised on occasion. Whilst Thanet Writers CIC aims to pay all staff, there may be some roles for which funding is not available. These will be explicitly stated as voluntary and will be anticipated to later transition to a paid role.
Thanet Writers CIC is actively seeking someone to assist with the processing of purchasing the print rights of accepted submissions. Reporting to the Managing Editor, pay will be per week at a set fee. This is a low time-commitment role.
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets;
- An administrative mindset;
- Own computer/laptop/tablet and internet connection;
- Calm under pressure and able to meet deadlines;
- A collaborative attitude and willingness to adapt and accept constructive criticism;
- A positive outlook;
- Based in Thanet or willing to travel to Thanet for meetings approximately once per quarter (Essential).
This is a self-employed role, with the successful candidate entirely responsible for their own tax and National Insurance contributions and accounting. For more information or to apply please get in touch using our contact form and select Jobs.